27 septiembre 2007

Here again

Months ago i added a post wondering what was the purpose of writing, mine of course, and in one point i started talking about Lee, my very special teacher in that creepy old English school in London (Yes, it´s been ages, as you´ve said ....) And at the end of the post i asked myself what could had happened with him. Lots of choices, let´s see ...

1. I thought about an innocent korean woman taking him to her country, getting married and having lots of bald korean kids running around him.
2. Lee ending up his days working in the creepy school, along with Jose, the everlasting social organiser, and drinking pines in the pub below the school.
3. Writing monologues and becoming the worst stand up comediant the West End ever had.

(.......)

Surprinsily Lee turned up again a few days ago, through one of these networks of friends, realizing myself that no matters whichever time has happened as there are things that will never change. He is the same ironic/sarcastic (still not knowing the difference) person that i met in London years ago. The difference now is that fortunately he is no longer working for the school, not in Korea or being a comediant, as he finally became a real writer !!!! (he used to be a good one then, but i still love teasing him ...)

As usual, you had underestimated me, as you thought it would take me years to add an English post .... fact it in 20 minutes, not bad at all!!
Anyway, it´s great being in touch with you again !

6 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Old friends...
My life is full of old friends that became email friends (or msn friends).

By the way, nice post to let me practice my self defense english.

Anónimo dijo...

ohhhhhhhhhhh my god!!!
definetely you did a lot at your time in England....
see you tonight....

Anónimo dijo...

Felt I had to leave a comment, being the aforementioned "Lee" in the post and so very proud of Miss Blogger's use of English. Yes, it is true I did spend four years of my life teaching in that 'creepy old English school', which 100 years before had been a mental institution for the insane (seriously) and one suspects this very fact influenced the selective process when taking in students -- they were all psychotics(!), drooling and shuffling through the corridors at break time, appeased only by a coffee and pasty from Gregg's the bakers. It's true also that little Miss Blogger was not just a student but the part-time school Librarian! (a library with sixteen books which she would guard with her life) and it was that position which gave her discount on lessons and meant she found her way into my class. Her English is still pretty good! I'm so proud...I feel a little tear welling up in the corner of my eye.

To conclude: She was actually one of my favourite people, but I would much rather tease her than tell her that.

elena dijo...

Denke: es cierto, tengo amigos con los q suelo hablar por msn y a veces cuando pienso en ellos hasta les pongo cara de emoticono.
Marta: ready pa los pinchos????
Dear teacher: i´m still trying to stop laughing !!!
Some considerations ...
1. Are you saying that i´m a psychotic person? (thank god you cannot read my blog ...)
2. I was not only the part-time librarian but a great entertainer as well!! And the library had more than 16 books which of course i had to guard with my life. Otherwise, Julia (the official librarian) would had killed me with one of her chinese punchs.
3. And finally, my position did not gave me any discount, lessons were completly free !!!!
Great days in the school, which i sometimes miss a lot ...

Anónimo dijo...

I miss those days too if I'm honest; I warn you...writing full time is solitude + lack of exercise, gallons of black coffee, late late nights. But the alarm clock doesn't bark at me any longer and at 4am tapping away at a keyboard with the world in repose...that's bliss.

So, hmm...I'm seriously considering learning Spanish to read your blog. I suspect it's pretty interesting stuff.

And did you really get FREE English lessons! That makes me feel cheap. Giving away my services for nothing like that. ;-)

Unknown dijo...

I started to hate these networking webpages, but some weeks ago, such a web made me very happy when I met my first girlfriend.